paper mache secretary desk update  

Posted by Drew Versak in ,

Here are the beginning shots of the progress I'm making on the paper mache secretary desk. The first shot is the boxes I'm recycling for the project, the second shot is setting up the shelf placement and the third shot is the shelves all attached and a coat of sealer so the moisture from the paper mache doesn't warp everything. Next up is making the drawers for the 3 lower shelves, I made one last night but it fits pretty snugly in there so I need to cut it down a bit so when I add the layer of paper mache it will still be able to slide in and out with no problem. I'm still debating on if I should paper mache the whole base first and then make the drawers since I'll know how thick of a layer the paper mache is an not have to remake the drawers. I think this is the smartest way to go about this, I'm not trying to make up all 3 and then not have them fit when they're ready to go in. So this weekend I'll probably just paper mache the whole base. Stay tuned for the next update.


Drew Versak (semi)creative genius

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 5, 2009 at Thursday, March 05, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment