craft updates, apple head dolls & africa!  

Posted by Drew Versak in , , , ,

I haven't really been working on anything lately, the headdress is still at a stall, I know what beads I'm buying to replace the Indian glass beads so whenever I feel like spending the money for them I'll resume the headdress craft. I made up a bunch of apple head dolls a few weeks ago and they're at the very last stages of drying so I'll get some of those pictures uploaded soon. Here they are when they were freshly carved and a couple photos of them after a week of drying. They look even better now and I’ll take pictures with my good camera so you can see all the details.

But the BIG news I have is… I’m going to Africa!!!!! I’m going to Johannesburg to visit my sister and her family for Christmas this year so I leave December 9th and I don’t come home till December 29th.. And the best part is my parents are also flying out there the 11th and they’re staying a whole month so we all get to hangout together. So the first week there we’re going on a week long safari at Kruger National Park and the last week I’m there we’ll be taking side trips in and around Joburg. I’m SOOOO excited and can’t WAIT to show you all the photos I’ll be taking.

Here's some shots of the apple heads in various states of drying:

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at Tuesday, November 10, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment